Wednesday, January 21, 2009

16 Things

I have tried to do another blog post, but I have been so busy and tired that I didn't have enough ambition to finish! So here we go. Inspired by Ali Edwards blog, I finally have a blog post, and hopefully more will follow. So Here we go, 16 Things about me:

1. My New Year's resolution was to read at least 12 books this year and read through the Bible in one year. So far, so good! I'm on a Bible Reading Plan and have completed one book Church Marketing 101 by Richard L Reising, and currently reading Running with the Bulls without getting trampled by Tim Irwin.

2. I heart design. I like to make pretty photos, scrapbook pages, and documents that look cool, edgy, and put together. Fonts, .abr files, trendy colors, and new layouts and formats really peak my interest.

3. Leaving my brain on. When I look through a magazine, watch television, or walk down the streets, I am a student of the color, design, and the motive behind it. What are people selling me? Why is this this way? Why does this work? What's the worldview? I know, dorky, but I have learned a lot.

4. Coffee. I love coffee. I love stuff in my coffee. 2 tsp sugar and 1 tablespoon Coffee-Mate. Right now it's Gingerbread flavored creamer with Vanilla Almond Coffee... yeah the taste is interesting, but I'll drink it.

5. 45lbs lost with Weight Watchers.com. Woot woot! I loved learning about calories, fiber, balanced diet, and portion control. Through this I have also learned to make a meal menu and plan plan plan.

6. I have watched All Dogs Go to Heaven, Frosty the Snowman, and Fox and the Hound and gagillion times with my daughter. I love holding her and spending that time together.

7. I love to scrapbook. Go figure, it has a lot to do with color and design. My favorites are Ali Edwards because of her down to earth personality and scrapbooking. Nothing frilly, it tells a story about life.

8. I really want a Canon Rebel XSI. My cousin has one very similar. I loved just holding it! I want to take my photography to a whole new level, but I must wait. Sadly. 

9. Adobe Photoshop. It's fun and there are a billion things you can do with it. I don't even have the most updated version and I still can waste tons of time on it.

10. Chocolate. I love chocolate. The darker, the better. I hate Hershey's (sorry Hershey fans, but you are believing in a fantasy, better chocolate IS out there). Foreign, Godiva, and Dark Bittersweet. That's the good stuff.

11. Beyond Yourself. I think it is soooo important to know that living for yourself does not bring happiness or fulfillment. It brings misery. But, living beyond yourself, FOR something, that will bring life meaning. I live for Christ, the measure of all things, the Creator of Heaven and Earth. There is nothing bigger I could live for. I live for Him.

12. Selflessness. This kind of goes with 11. Selfishness is a pet peeve of mine. Being selfish grates on my nerves (even when it's myself!); selfish over the environment, stuff, ideas. Companies being selfish and people being selfish. Let's give each other some room and think of others before ourselves and how to better our OWN way of life. Let's care about each other.

13. Happily married for 4 1/2 years and counting. I couldn't believe that my 5 year wedding anniversary is coming up! My...how much I have learned about life, love, relationships, money, and motivation in that last 4 1/2 years.

14. Culture watcher. Having majored in InterCultural Studies....it's nice to know that my interests are still there. I like to watch how things change and ideas change on how culture and generations live.

15. I am not a winner. Okay. I mean this in the total superficial way. I don't win at games (only occasionally when my husband lets me), I don't win at drawings. I don't win anything.....hardly. But the weirdest thing happened when I won a Nintendo Wii from a random drawing. WEIRD. 

16. I love Jesus. 


1 comment:

Jenn Sorbe Photography said...

You're sure a winner in my books! hee hee - I know what you meant. Wish we lived closer and life was not so dang tiring cause I'd really love to hang and catch up.

xo Jen