Amazed.
I'm always amazed by her. She's sweet and so smart. I can't believe how much she can figure out and is learning every day.
I am also learning that these days move too fast. I try to cherish everything, but it's so hard to remember everything! I am used to absolutely cute chatter right now, but later, I know I'll miss it as her words become more pronounced and sentences more complicated.
So. Today. Just today. This is what I noticed about her.
She tries to say more than she can get out! She will talk so fast, as fast as she's thinking, that her words come out jumbled. It usually results in people looking at me totally puzzled, asking for her to say it again... and after a few attempts saying, "Oh really?!"
Ms. Independent! She is learning to climb up, climb down, and with confidence.
Reader. If I can side-track her into anything, it's into reading books. Whenever I'm reading to Justice, she comes over to listen and look (same for him, too). Currently her favorites are:
The Hungry Caterpillar
I Can Read With My Eyes Shut
Old Hat, New Hat
She's become a picky eater. She's all of a sudden has an opinion on what she eats. When I put supper in front of her, sometimes I hear: "Um...how 'bout cheese?" or "Um...how 'bout cake?" Justice will eat anything for supper; Grace will pick everything apart. She doesn't like her foods together (like in a casserole), but would much rather have them separated (like vegetables, potatoes, and meat).
She likes green beans, peas, broccoli, cheese, meat, and pasta.
"How 'bout juice?" I hear that about 40 times a day.
She's starting to push Justice around. Literally. Justice gets much more in her fact, and now she wants her space and her toys.
Horton Hears a Who
All Dogs Go To Heaven
and most recently Ninja Turtles.
Grace has a sweet tooth. She likes candy. What child doesn't? When she gets Smarties or Pez she lights up.
An artist! She likes any art project I put in front of her. Coloring, painting, using chalk. She likes art and making things.
She's a night-owl. Go figure. Just like us. She'll lay down...and stay in bed for an hour, awake. We won't even know that she's awake until she comes and knocks on her bedroom door so we open it. Usually she just needs a hug and to be laid down again. Sometimes we crawl beside her and hold her until she falls asleep....
I think she likes that.






No comments:
Post a Comment