A New Year kind of creeps up on you, especially with all the excitement of the holiday season. Then BAM--it's the New Year, complete with taxes, clearance sales, really cold weather (at least for us in Minnesota), and New Year Resolutions.
I have been thinking a lot of New Year Resolutions. I never really took them seriously until a couple of years ago. So, I decided to make a goal and stick with it through out the year and see where it went.
Last year I committed to reading the Bible in a year and reading 12 books.
How did I do?
Well, I'm finishing up on the Bible in a Year. I only have a couple of minor prophets to go through and then I will complete it! So, It'll take me a year and a couple of weeks, but I will have read through the Bible!
I am really sure I read through 12 books... But here in lies the problem, I have no way to prove that. I forgot to write them down. So, I'm going to say I accomplished this.
This Years Goals:
Judging from my last year's goals, I am going to create goals that are measurable and attainable--but slightly out of grasp so that I have to strive.
I also was challenged to think of goals for the following areas:
Faith
Family
Friends
Finances
Fitness
Fun
2010 Goals
- Faith-- Memorize 1 verse a month (with my children). And continue with a bi-weekly Bible Study.
- Family--On the off week of Bible Study, Date night with my husband.
- Friends--That's the Bible Study.
- Finances-- Become Unit Manager by March, 100 new recruits (sound crazy check out this inspirational video!), and 3,500 in sales/month.
- Fitness-- Run at least the 5k in our town. And be at my goal weight by June.
- Fun-- Take my husband to Puerto Rico for free by achieving goals through lia sophia.
So, that's a lot for Goals! But I have learned, if you aim at nothing--you'll get it every time. So I'm aiming, striving for a Goal. And I have them written down--so I can't "forget" them by June!
2010 here I come!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment