Wednesday, March 25, 2009

10 Weeks Today

Awesome: inspiring great admiration 


It is so exciting to be pregnant. 

Again.

2 weeks ago Brian and I went to the first doctor's appointment. We got to see our little one via ultrasound. The features are not defined... but it simply AMAZES me how beautiful an 8 week old baby is. 

At barely an inch, this baby has grown to have moving arm and leg buds. There was a very strong heart beat. And then we got good look at the baby's spinal cord.

Spinal Cord. It was phenomenal. It was a tiny curved white line on the screen, but it was beautiful and AWESOME.  How far our little one has come, by the first appointment! I am sure there are plenty of people reading this thinking, "okay, she's gone off the deep end..." or "um, I don't get it." But neither do I! The blessedness and amazing thing of seeing our child on a screen, seeing a creation in the making, knowing that my body is providing a safe environment while the Father knits him or her together through no effort of my own.......

It can be none other that mystifying... incomprehensible... 

Awesome.

Our doctor gave us a roll of pictures. And two special ones for Grace and Justice so that they would also have a picture of their sibling.


1 comment:

Courtney said...

Love that picture! Can you email it to me to scrap??
And I'm proud of you guys for the family you are and are still becoming! Can't wait for the 3rd edition, um, I mean addition!! ;)