Where do we go from here?
I have no idea.
God gave us a step, to be done at First Baptist Church as their Youth Directors. After much thought, prayer, and fussing over it, we finally made that step of faith.
But what now?
Usually, it seems, you are done with one thing BECAUSE of something else. But not this time. We were asked to take this step, and wait.
So, now what?
- We could move; no idea where, but we could.
- I have been thinking about taking a Spanish class; goodness I need to brush up on it.
- We are thinking about signing Grace and Justice up for baby swimming lessons.
- We could actually visit some people.
- We could volunteer with things that I had to pass up before because of lack of time.
- We could rest.
I am excited, but also bewildered. I feel like we are given a whole new system. Instead of: "Here are things I want you to accomplish." It is: "Well, Brian and Betsy... which direction would you like to go? No option is a bad option... I'm letting you take your pick."
I don't know what to do with so many choices!!!
But here are some goals I hope we accomplish:
Visit Gabriel
One thing I would like to do is visit my nephew Gabriel. He's so close, and we didn't have time to visit. Justice and Gabriel are so close in age and would love to play together. WHY NOT? And yet, I feel like I hardly see him.
Intellectual Conversation
Not that I didn't have this before...but I am really rooting for it now. Last night, we actually visited with Nick, Heather, and Gabriel. While our children played, we got into deep conversation about repentance.
I need more of that. I need more conversation where people don't agree all the time. I LOVE mulling over subjects of importance and debating, bringing up new points of view... And realizing things are a lot more gray than black-and-white.
Volunteer
There are so many things out there to help with. So many causes to be a part of to help improve the world. Let's get at them!
Slow Down
Now, I do not mean playing Wii, watching movies, and just blowing time. But, I would like to not be working according to a New York minute, but more on the time-scale of an African hour.
I would be SOOOO excited to actually have people NOT say on the phone, "You sound so tired." I would be soooo excited to not have my husband rushing from one thing to the next. I would be soooo excited to actually sleep instead of passing out from exhaustion at night.
Not like having 2 kids and another on the way to keep THAT from happening. But... it's a goal, none the less.
So, God.... What's Next?
I have no idea. But I am ready for the adventure.
______________________________________________
Justice looks at his reflection in the glass.
I love this picture, and I don't want that curiosity and wonderment to fade.









2 comments:
(in a very deep, mystical voice) "betsy, this is God, go volunteer with the youth at First Methodist Church in worthington..."
anywho, cool post...resting is the hardest thing for busy people to do...and as much as i want you guys to come over and volunteer over here, maybe it's God saying you guys have been running like crazy for so long that it's time to rest. now on the flip side of that, if you would come volunteer with us, you wouldn't have to committment level that you previously had, so instead of doing youth stuff each night of the week, it'd only be on wednesdays...just a thought...
anywho...take a breath, take a nap, and listen to some good music...
Post a Comment