
It's true. Nesting happens; and it has hold of me pretty badly.
I have less than a week before baby #3 will be born. Friday October 9 our third child and precious boy will be born. And I'm running around like a mad woman trying to get our apartment ready and everything "homey."
Nesting this time is so different than for Grace or Justice. I was making sure we had all the baby items we needed, all the boy or girl items we needed. Grandparents helped make sure the house was clean by scrubbing floors or just plain clean up.
This time...we live in an apartment and I feel good enough to move around (even though this basketball does knock stuff off of tables and such), and I can do my own cleaning and organizing.
The cooler weather had really helped bring it on. I LOVE AUTUMN. It's my favorite time of year. I love the smell, the sweater weather, the baking, and the crunch of the leaves. I adore the colors of the trees with the oranges, browns, reds, and yellows. I love apples, squash, pumpkins, and corn. Autumn. Perfect.
So, I have been switching out the kids clothes. Getting all of Grace and Justice's small summer stuff out of their drawers, cleaning the new warmer and larger clothing to arrange in their drawers. I am trying to clean and find all the newborn baby boy stuff and get it ready for #3.
With that, comes all the fall decorating. Finally putting up pictures that have sat for 3 months in storage in the "baby's room."
And the baking.
It's funny how you just crave things that you haven't had in a long time. Any recipe that calls for pumpkin or squash sounds soooo good to me. Slow cooker meals, mashed potatoes and gravy.
The last couple of days it's been those special home-made "mom" desserts. I usually hated rice pudding with raisins. I would always pass it up as a kid. Now, smell it... crave it.... I had to have it.
Tapioca pudding. I don't think I have EVER made it. Well, the other day I was whipping up a batch.
And then, last night, I was up until midnight making up my mother's recipe of Gift Giving Carrot Cake. Oh... I remember that recipe from autumns when I was little. I again hated the raisins... But this time, I was excited to see that a full cup of raisins go into this recipe! I made up the two loaves.
Please check out my recipe blog to try this Gift Giving Carrot Cake recipe. It is definitely worth a try. And remember to share it with friends!
Until then! You'll probably see pictures of our third child!
Happy Autumn






2 comments:
Funny thing is...I was at your house for most of the stuff explained in this post...does that mean I spend too much time at your house? Debatable...but doubtful.
Me and Corrine are pumped for Friday...save some time for us on Sunday...we'll be over sometime!
Can't wait.
Yay for Friday, girl! Can't wait! Let me know if there's anything I can help with... and remember, I'm off on Monday if you need me... Love you lots, and happy Autumn! :)
Post a Comment