Really, I think we've been going at a breakneck speed for a bit too long. Now, I realize having 3 kids so fast will do that, each one speeding up life exponentially. I also realize that having 3 jobs will do that.
I desire to actually spend time with my kids, instead of spending time around them. I love reading to them, playing dinosaurs, and playing playdough. But, really, I spend a lot of time running around, making supper, cleaning the house, tending to my business, getting ready for the next thing.

What about now?!
So, we are working on this. Slowing down.....
Granted, it's not going too well.
Brian's leaving for a Twins game tonight. I'm probably going to work on taking glue off the walls so we can paint.
And oh yeah, we're moving. So packing up the apartment. Having it ready for showing.
Maybe it'll slow down, and I realize I'm the one that has to put on the breaks...
But you know, as I write this, I realize that I still find those times of solitude. I love my coffee (or soon to be tea...I'm trying to break an addiction) in the morning, whether it's quietly reflecting on the Word, or if I have it in a travel mug on the way to MOPS. I love my showers (the one place I can be alone without someone demanding my attention). I love grocery shopping...especially when I get everything on my list in budget!
And sometimes, I have a cyber place of solitude. I can blog about things, listen to music, and reflect.
I'm sure the kids are destroying my house before they nap. (Like the other day... they ate 1/2 a pan of muffins before I realized it.)
That's okay. I'll clean it all up...
...in just a little bit...






No comments:
Post a Comment