Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Three Things: God Teaches

I haven't written all summer. And for that I am... well not so sorry. It's not like I haven't thought about doing my blog, but what can I say? Having 3 kids and a marathon life keeps me plenty busy and I haven't made it a priority.

There... blogging isn't my priority.

But, I've wanted to do one, and I thought, "Instead of waiting to be inspired, why don't I just do what Ali does and just blog... something?!"

Keeping it short. Keeping it simple.

And maybe if I literally have from "free time" i might explain it more in another entry.

So here we go:

3 Things: God Teaches

1. The beauty of thinking beyond what I know in the church.

I know traditional, I grew up Catholic. I was saved, and it was the only church I knew. I grew through what I had and the Holy Spirit. Then, I learn the beauty of the "non-traditional" church and went to a conservative Bible School. I start exploring all those "isms": modernism, postmodernism, evangelicalism, neo-evangelicalism, traditionalism, pentecostalism and more. I learned, am learning, and will continue to learn how God is moving in all those "isms."

Yep, it's vague. But it's a really long and probably to you, boring, road. But God and I get along and he knows what he needs to teach me and how.

Thank you, "isms" and how I have grown in my faith in God because of and inspite of them.

Books that relate:

2. Forgiveness; I need to learn and relearn.

I think I learn this, but then a situation has to comes and I think I really need to "re-learn" for every situation and occurrence.

Sometimes: it's forgiving another person.
Sometimes: it's forgiving the situation.
Sometimes: it's forgiving God.
Sometimes: it's forgiving myself.

I think I have the hardest time with the last one.

3. Living a story worth living.

God has taken me on a slow and deep journey for this one. One with many twists and turns. With forks in the road, beautiful sights, and despairing moments.

I think that this is really the lesson that I am really interested in and wanting to learn the most about. It has peaked my interest.

I love it when God uses different areas of life to say, "Look at this! It's a reminder that I am still thinking all about you and I want the best for you."

This is probably another post in itself, and I feel like when I try to explain what God is showing me and teaching me, most people look at my quizzically and smile and nod. Maybe some really do get it. I don't know. But, I do want a story that's epic.

Books that relate:

There is so much more to touch on. But I think that's enough for now... I have children that need to take a nap.

Chau

1 comment:

Courtney said...

haha! Baby steps, right?
Loved your post. Love hearing what you are learning - always. And love YOU, of course!
Thanks for being such an amazing you!