And I know that I want to make things simple like that.
Ate Breakfast--Check
Loved someone--Check
Did more for the world--Check
It's bogus... but it's nice to have little baby-steps. And I feel like God has put these tiny baby-steps in front of my path. They are so tiny that I don't even know that I am doing them!
God's checklist for my teeny-tiny baby steps....
1. Notice that she hasn't been creative--Check
2. Work out some longing to do something--Check
3. Read a blog by inspiring crafter--Check
4. Put inspirational book into PDF on her computer--Check
5. Discover PDF and remembers she wants to read that--Check
6. Put a pithy and rememberable checklist in PDF so that she will unconsciously want to make a checklist--Check
I haven't even read the book yet, and I am inspired. The TITLE inspired me. "The Art of Non-Conformity."
I like that. I hate boxes (unless I'm organizing my closet). I hate seeing people put in a box (unless their Houdini), I hate seeing God being put in a box, I hate ideas being put in a box. What do we have... and how can we do it differently.
Am I an original thinker? no. I like to scrap-lift, quote quotable quotes, and read other big thinkers stuff. And for some reason if I have a checklist or a challenge... I have to do it. Or in this case, go out of my way NOT to do it.
11 Ways to be unremarkably AVERAGE *by Chris Guillebeau
- Accept what people tell you at face value
- Don't question authority
- Go to college because you're supposed to, not because you want to learn something
- Go overseas once or twice in your life, to somewhere safe like England
- Don't try to learn another language; everyone else will eventually learn English.
- Think about starting your own business, but never do it.
- Think about writing a book, but never do it.
- Get the largest mortgage you qualify for and spend 30 years paying for it
- Set at a desk 40 hrs a week for an average of 10 hrs of productive work
- Don't stand out or draw attention to yourself
- Jump through hoops. Check off boxes.
Ahhhh! So many of those I was "unchecking" then I got to 11...
Anyway. It was #6. #7 I knew that I wanted to do... Write a book. I still do.
#6 I never thought would be an option.
Until God babystepped me all the way here.
I don't know what I am doing. But I have courage just to make baby-steps. And if a step takes too much courage... I'll break it down into doable baby steps.
I'm starting a business. bia






1 comment:
Yay! Well put, my friend. And congratulations on the new adventure! Thanks for taking me along for the ride. It's as fun to experience as it is to watch and, periodically, step back, reflect, and wonder at how unique and improbable it is that we got here in the first place!
He is good. Amen and amen.
Post a Comment