Monday, December 6, 2010

Make


December 6 – Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it? (Author: Gretchen Rubin)
________________________________________________________

Make. It has taken me nearly a year to figure this out, that I need to create, make, craft, to let my creativity out.

Thankfully, I have allowed time for this in my "work week." Now I have made time for myself to create scrapbook pages, craft organizing things for my kitchen, create wonderful meals (and not so wonderful ones), and read read read for the sake of creation.

One of the last things I made recently are Christmas cookies. Every other year, I don't make Christmas cookies. They are too much time and effort for something that I didn't think tasted that great. But this year, it became a project (mostly because we didn't have enough money to buy presents for everyone we wanted to give a gift too). So, Christmas cookies it is. Homemade, thoughtful, and oh so yummy.

Of course, I came up with a list (via suggestions from facebook), and built the cookies materials into my grocery budget. Flour, butter, almonds, chocolate, peanut butter (and organic where I could afford it). It's our gift... it should be the best!

I made some peanut butter blossoms (that most of them got eaten while they were cooling on the counter), gingerbread people (which still need to be frosted), and brownie biscotti. I have never made biscotti before, so that was a wonderful experience.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

oooOOOOOO.... those PB Blossoms and Biscotti look postcard-perfect! That makes you a great photographer AND an excellent baker! Double points for "making" stuff, Bets! ;)