Saturday, December 4, 2010

Wonder


December 4 – Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year? (Author: Jeffrey Davis)
___________________________________________________

A sense of Wonder. I confess I believe it's something that comes and goes... and it needs to be cultivated. It's very easy to become comfortable with the way things are, the things around you, and nothing sparkles anymore.

I wonder at little things. I love seeing the little things. I don't want to walk through life and not notice the sparkles in the snow, the smile on my children's faces, and toys lined up in perfect order on the floor and left.

I try to cultivate wonder by taking pictures of these small things, and putting them into a book. Somethings of a legacy to leave my children, or anyone that would care to look at it. I wonder at the awesome taste of food and trying new ones. I wonder at the beautiful sunset (maybe I should wake up to see the sunrise once in a while). I wonder at the sights and smells through out my day... and most of the time I'm only at home!

How can I cultivate wonder next year? Keep noticing the small things... and maybe when things don't go as planned, take wonder in what is in front of me now... now what I thought it would be.

No comments: