I was excited to actually write on my blog. I like to write, and I like to express myself... but I don't always know what to say. I have kept a diary ever since 2nd grade... and I have loved it. It's been on-again off-again, and that is exactly what I like about it. It's mine. Nobody is critiquing it, nobody is reading it, and nobody is requiring anything out of it. EVEN ME (that's the amazing part).
I am excited for my new word. Last year was story. I have seen that word resurface over and over. Like it was supposed to make a point! I first saw it on Ali Edward's blog. And I didn't think anything of it. Stop. Correction. I did think of it. It never left my mind. But I didn't think it applied to ME until a few more steps... Don Miller's book, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years, John Eldridge's book, Wild at Heart, and J. R. R. Tolkien's, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. I wrestled with story... My story. And, this quest has taken a year, now that I look at it!
And this year... Adventure.... being brave, courageous. Taking steps, even baby steps, to at least head out the door, down the road, onto my adventure.
So, today, the Reverb10 prompt was about writing.
_____________________________________________________
December 2 Writing.
What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?
(Author: Leo Babauta)
What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?
(Author: Leo Babauta)
_____________________________________________________
Ironically, or maybe, totally in step with my adventure, is making writing more part of my adventure into a new business. I have been reading The Art of Non-Conformity by Chris Guillebeau, and he gains much of his "freedom" from having his own following on his blog. I new this was a step I would need to take in my business/freedom/adventure quest, but I didn't know where.
I Guess Here.
I will be doing this challenge, which is writing, and part of that challenge is to post it on my blog. And I would like to start some more topics, that would be posted on my business/adventure blog. I haven't started it yet... I wonder when?
What do I do what doesn't contribute to my writing? Multitask. It distracts and makes everything disjointed. I think I can multitask, but it makes everything messy. Don't even ask me to be looking at the internet and have a conversation on the phone... it's terrible!
How do I eliminate multitasking? Focus. One thing at a time. Fulfill it. Buy a dang timer and when it goes off, THEN move on to the next thing.






2 comments:
So I could send you link after link of how "multitasking" is not productive.
But I am excited for you and what God is opening up in life. I am excited to see your business grow and be something that is truly yours.
Also, the word "Story" has been popping up in my life too but is not the dominate one. But I am excited to see yours unfold.
I am SOOOOOO there with the timer thing! I've seen that suggestion in CK a lot as it helps organize scrapping time, but I'm thinking it would be helpful with other tasks, as well. If I was smart, I'd put my phone alarm to better use, but instead, put a timer on my Christmas list, ok?
Love ya,
~Courtney
Post a Comment