Monday, October 20, 2008

{Celebrating Grace}


She's two. I don't know how it happens really. I just opened my eyes one day and there is my infant all of a sudden a full blown toddler. She runs, screams, pretends, and throws tantrums. She wants icecream and candy, and she has a hard time eating her vegetables (however, she LOVES broccoli, go figure). 

"Happy Birthday, Grace!!!" Brian exclaimed when he saw her.

"Yeah! Right!" She said. She had no clue what was being said, other than people were giving her more attention. What a cutie. 




We decided to celebrate her birthday by going to McDonalds. What kid doesn't want that?! And to top it all off, we gave her kid's ice cream cone all to herself! (Justice got one too). 

Of course, Grace also found the ketchup and had to finish that off too. Why kids like ketchup so much, I'll never know.

Justice really enjoyed his ice cream cone. His face got red from the cold! But, he managed really well. He ate the entire cone... one minute he had it in his hand; the next minute it disappeared into his mouth. 

After that, we went to the mall with $3 in quarters. Grace and Justice got to ride on the taxis, police cars, and other vehicles in the mall. Grace climbed into the taxi, and when it started up, held on for dear life. She wasn't too impressed. She stayed in for the duration of the ride, but when it stopped, she was out, and firmly said, "no" whenever we asked she wanted to ride again.  Justice was also pretty weirded out by the bear in his little car.

Finally, after such a long day, Daddy read them a story, and off to bed. And also the photo for Day 11.

{Day 11}


Celebrating Grace...

We chose Grace's name for a reason. Her name is a characteristic of God, and when you read her name, you not only see a name, but God's personality and love being put forth. 

Brian and I celebrate not only our daughter, but Grace Himself. He has given us so much grace by giving us love and forgiveness even if we don't deserve it.  I don't deserve the love He gives me everyday and the second, third, fifth, and million chances. I don't deserve anything. But because of His radical love for all of us, he sent Jesus to suffer and die a terrible death for us. Jesus conquered death and rose to life again! What a miracle! What love! And God did this all because of his good grace towards us. 

I do celebrate His Grace.

No comments: