Monday, October 13, 2008

Imitate Me as I Imitate Christ


9-13-2008

We were getting ready to eat supper, when we saw Grace feeding Justice! It was so adorable to watch. We got the camera, but we had to convince her to do it again. 

She is so smart and wants to try everything that I do. She imitates play all the time. She cooks, she cleans, and the lays her babies down for naps and feeds them. It reminds me that I have a little shadow that is looking for direction. So much like I should be God's shadow. I don't know the direction I should be showing Grace. If I had to give Grace directions all on my own, I would inevitably lead her down a dark path. But, with me shadowing God, I am confident in her shadowing me.  I pray for direction from Him every day, so that I can give my children proper direction.


 

"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything to the glory of God. Don’t cause others to stumble, whether they are Jewish, Greek, or members of God’s church. I try to please everyone in every way. I don’t think about what would be good for me but about what would be good for many people so that they might be saved. 

Imitate me as I imitate Christ." 

1 Corinthians 10:31-11:1

God's Word

Copyright © 1995 by God’s Word to the Nations Bible Society. All rights reserved.

No comments: