Monday, October 20, 2008

{ The Party }

I was so worked-up about this party. I really have no idea why. I knew it was going to be a wonderful party, even if things went wrong, Grace was crabby, or all my decorations sucked. But, they didn't. And it still was a good party.

Grace at first didn't want to get into her party dress. (I think we've had a love/hate relationship with that dress since the day we bought it!) But once we put "pretties" in her hair, her aunts painted her fingernails purple, and I told her she could put on her gold shoes...she was sold.



Once I got her into her dress, she played until guests arrived. (And the photo for Day 12)

{ Day 12 }


Just like any festive time, I like to remind myself that it's not about the stuff. We can get so overwhelmed with stuff. But instead, it's about the people. Grace got a lot of nice gifts, but so many people came to celebrate her because they loved her. I saw that when we gathered around her to sing "Happy Birthday" to her. Her face lit up like I hadn't seen in a long time.

I have seen her smile from happiness, goofiness, and silliness... But this was JOY. My heart was filled with it when I saw her face (getting only 3 1/2 hours of sleep the night before seemed worth it now!)

After the song, that smart girl blew out her candle, promptly took it out of the cake and sucked the frosting off of the bottom! She knew the ritual! 


Here are some pictures from the party. It was a lot of fun!


2 comments:

Courtney said...

Hey, I've gotta get the Baker Square pics off my other memory card and email them to you tonight!! Love those party photos (mine and yours). I think I got most of the good ones with your camera, though - you'll have to post them online so I can download a few that I'm missing... (please!!)

Courtney said...

PS. Kudos for putting Owl City on this page's playlist. :oD