{Day 19}
After it swelled up, it also bruised up. Bruised, swollen, can't eat a thing; and I can barely open my mouth wide enough to let a spoon with jello go through! (I had ice cream and jello all over my desk.)
I haven't been out. I look freakish. I like to say to people when they call and ask, "How do you look?"
"Like I got into an ally fight with a dentist and insurance company."
They won.
Anyway, Brian has been so wonderful in taking care of me, housework, and the kids while I've been "out." He's been quite the Mr. Mom.
He's made is very easy for me to eat. He's made me:
- Split Pea Soup
- Shiitake Mushroom & Tomato Bisque
- Broccoli & Cheese Soup.
- Between him, and others, I have eaten my fill of ice cream, jello, fruit freezies, and soup.
So, I have eaten well, the little that I can eat. Maybe he thinks of it as a challenge... "I can do her job too!" I don't know. Probably not. But it is nice the very few times when both kids are screaming and something is about to burn on the stove and the phone rings. Hehehe, I think, It isn't so easy.
Brian's helped so much, I actually finished a book and read through another! Amazing. Part of it was Justice waking up so often in the night for some reason, and I couldn't fall asleep from the pain. But even then, Brian was checking the time and making sure I got my meds at the right time. He lined them up and printed out a sheet of dates and times, so I could keep on track. What an organized guy!
{Day 20}
Hopefully I'll be able to take over more tomorrow. I've been to embarrassed to leave the house. How would I explain my face? "Uh, I see you looking at me bewildered or concerned. I just wanted to let you know I had my wisdom teeth taken out, nothing more." I could just see their response.... "yeah...right."
This isn't how I wanted to spend my "vacation," but hey, I got the best Mr. Mom around.






2 comments:
When I am a father/husband, I want to be just like Brian!!!
Well that statement is kinda true. Just more of my own unique way! But he is a great example!
Heck yes - "everyone needs a Brian" right?! GOod thing your hubby is "OCD!" haha... hope you feel better soon. I love/miss you!
Post a Comment