Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Dress

Day 3


What a drama today! I lugged the kids around to find Grace a party dress for her birthday. While, as you can see from the picture, it was successful, the adventure was FAR from pleasurable. Grace has reached the epitome of the Terrible Twos!

We finally found this dress at Main Street Kids. But that was after two disastrous encounters at Peebles and JCPenney. Grace did fine in Peebles until she no longer would stand the cart. She had to roam. 

And RoAm she did. Through the girls section, through the clothes, knocking everything down, hiding in the clothing racks. As soon as I'd get her under control, she was off again. The whole time I am carrying Justice and a monstrous diaper bag.  We left the mall in tears...and plenty of angry clerks.

I convinced Grace to stop once more, only because I knew that Main Street Kids had an area of toys. She played...thankfully and I was able to shop in peace (albeit quickly because something this wonderful does not last for long). Luckily I found what I was looking for!

Needless to say...the photo for day 3 is of Grace's Dress.

1 comment:

S2MNVW said...

oh GRACE! I was going to ask you how plans have been going for her party. What a fun dress! I've missed you guys the last few weeks. We'll have to arrange a play date again soon!