Monday, October 20, 2008

Life+Art

I love things being simple. Things don't have to be complicated and tough, but instead, there is beauty in the everyday things that often go unnoticed.

One of my favorite scrappers is Ali Edwards. I read her articles in Creating Keepsakes and read her blog online. 

Her motto is: capture. create.

Simple. And exactly how I like it. I love simplicity and the beauty in it.

Her photography wouldn't win awards. But for scrapping, and remembering the moments... it's what is important. She take pictures of her son doing normal things: eating, playing, walking, riding in the car. She sets up her tripod and takes pictures of herself, not looking into the camera or smiling, but working on her computer, cooking, whatever. She takes pictures of things that you don't even think about: her closet, decor, utensils...

Normal.

Everyday.

How we live life.

Life isn't a bunch of special occasions. EVERYDAY is what we live life in. EVERYDAY, the things that the camera stays put away for. Why? Shouldn't we remember the everyday? What seems boring, but it is how we live life?

{ Day 10 }


{ Day 14 }


Inspired by Ali's art and scrapbooking, I quickly put together a page. I have adopted a method of just doing a page, and not thinking and tweeking so much as to just getting the page done.


1 comment:

Courtney said...

Awesome...and that is SUCH an "Ali" page...love it!
I hope I can start using my new camera to capture some of the everyday things, as well... it's about time I did so....